Watch video profiles of faculty and staff honorees
About 350 members of the University of St. Thomas community gathered last Friday, March 13, for a special event congratulating faculty and staff.
University employees were honored for service anniversaries, and 10 faculty and staff were presented awards for outstanding achievements.
If you missed the presentation, you can see videos (links below) profiling the inspiring winners of the Distinguished Citizen Award and Lifelong Learner Award for staff, the John Ireland Presidential Award for Outstanding Achivement as Teacher-Scholar for faculty, and Diversity Leadership Awards for staff and academic/service unit.
Another video profiles a selection of UST faculty and staff who celebrated service awards this year. Learn why and how they came to work at St. Thomas and what keeps them here.
Web and Media Services produced the videos.
Distinguished Citizen Award – Bill Kirchgessner received the Distinguished Citizen Award for outstanding service to the university and the community. He is executive director for marketing communications in St. Thomas' University Relations department. See video.
Lifelong Learner Award – Scott Swanson receved the Lifelong Learner Award for his commitment to continuous learning and professional development. Swanson is director of academic achievement in St. Thomas' School of Law. See video.
John Ireland Presidential Award for Outstanding Achievement as Teacher-Scholar – See video about four members of the faculty chosen for this award:
- Dr. John Abraham, School of Engineering
- Dr. Kendra Garrett, School of Social Work
- Neil Hamilton, School of Law
- Dr. Mark Stansbury-O'Donnell, College of Arts and Sciences (Art History Department)
Diversity Leadership Awards – These awards recognize staff and units that consistently demonstrate an active role participating in diversity and inclusion efforts and create a campus climate that values, respects and affirms members of diverse groups at St. Thomas. See videos about these winners:
- Denise Dieffenbach, director of multicultural student services, and Mark Narayan, senior admissions counselor, staff winners.
- The Fall Academy Project, represented by Paul Nyombi, a sophomore computer science and electrical engineering student from Uganda who tutors in UST's Mathematics Resource Center, and center director Dr. Brenda Tiefenbruck.
To learn more about the Faculty and Staff Recognition Awards program, see the Human Resources Web site.