Seven candidates for Master of Arts degrees in art history degrees from St. Thomas will present their qualifying research in a forum at 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 16, in O'Shaughnessy Educational Center auditorium. A reception follows.
The event is free and open to the public.
The seven students, their paper titles and faculty advisers are:
- Jenny Maki, "Art on the Underside: Reading Mosters and 'Others' in Iberian Misericords" (Dr. Shelly Nordtorp-Madson)
- James Wehn, "Behold the Man: Spiritual Pilgrimage in Lucas van Leyden's 'Ecce Homo'" (Nordtorp-Madson)
- Paige Dansinger, "Identity of the 'Jewess' in Delacroix's Orientalist Painting: ‘Women of Algiers in Their Apartment’" (Dr. Heather Shirey)
- Barbara Mathey, "Designing Redemption: The Batchelder Tiles of the Chapel of Our Lady of Victory and the Patronage of Sister Antonia McHugh" (Dr. Victoria Young)
- Colleen Boyle, "The Magazine Cover Girl: Different Perceptions of the American Woman During the 1920s" (Dr. Craig Eliason)
- Eva Quigley Timmons, "'To the Vision of Thomas Jefferson': Living Memorials Proposed for the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial Competition" (Young)
- Ann Kroshus, "Visual Wounds: The Significance of Chinese 'Scar Art'" (Dr. Elizabeth Kindall)