Award recognizes faculty committed to teaching and learning
Nominations for the second annual Julie Hays Teaching Award are now being accepted. Introduced in 2009, this annual award was created to recognize faculty members who exemplify an ongoing commitment to teaching and learning. The award honors Dr. Julie Hays, a member of the Decision Sciences Department who died suddenly in 2007.
Faculty, students and alumni may nominate a faculty member in the Opus College of Business who they feel best meets the award criteria:
- Active engagement with students.
- Ability to stretch and challenge students.
- Concern for the student as a whole person.
- Creative approaches to teaching or the development of effective teaching materials.
- Enthusiasm and passion for teaching
A student wrote of last year's winner, Dr. Jay Ebben, “Both in and out of the classroom, there is a genuine ‘student first’ mentality with Jay that fosters academic and professional growth to the highest degree.” This award highlights the Opus College of Business mission of "excellence in educating highly principled global business leaders."