The Center for Intercultural Learning and Community Engagement (CILCE) and the Office for Service-Learning will honor five individuals and one community partner for outstanding achievement in the 2010-2011 school year. Self-nominations as well as nominations by faculty, staff and students are encouraged.
Nominations will be accepted for the following awards (nominees must not have received one of these awards in the past):
- Undergraduate Student Community Engagement Award
- Graduate Student Community Engagement Award
- Undergraduate Student Service-Learning Award
Faculty and Staff
- Faculty Service-Learning Award
- Staff Community Engagement Award
Community Partner Award
- This award will go to an external organization, group, or school that has served as a partner for a UST community-based learning program or service-learning course over the past academic year.
* * *
All nominees will have demonstrated exceptional commitment to community engagement or service-learning; see the nomination form for specific criteria.
All award recipients will be honored at the Community Engagement Celebration on April 27, and students also will be recognized at the Spirit of St. Thomas ceremony on April 20.
Submit the nomination form and letter of recommendation by 5 p.m. Thursday, March 31. Forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, sent to Mail 4096, or dropped off in the CILCE office, Room 159, Murray-Herrick Campus Center.
For more information contact Meghan Allen Eliason, CILCE director, (651) 962-6805, or Barb Baker, Service-Learning program manager, (651) 962-5380.