IRT Tech Tip Tuesday: Getting help with technology at UST
From Information Resources and Technologies
IRT Client Services’ first-line support structure includes the following three teams of IRT staff members dedicated to supporting faculty, staff and student technology needs:
- Rapid Response
- Academic technology consultants
- CORE (Administrative) Team
In this segment on getting help with technology at UST, we highlight the academic technology consultants.
Academic technology consultants
Every academic department has an academic technology consultant (ATC) dedicated to the department’s technology support needs. ATCs provide general technology assistance, including training, application consulting for instruction and research, and, in partnership with Web and Media Services, help with Web-based course development tools. ATCs are assigned to clusters of academic disciplines across campus and exist to be faculty members' personal and single point of contact for all their technology needs.
Here are the ATCs and the departments they assist:
- Jo Young, firstname.lastname@example.org, (651) 962-6245, (supports the social sciences)
- Drew Sosinski, email@example.com, (651) 962-6259, (supports the science center)
- Kathy O’Neil, firstname.lastname@example.org, (651) 962-6264, (supports the College of Business, St. Paul campus, and the humanities)
- John Kinsella, email@example.com, (651) 962-6248, (supports Athletics, PE and the humanities)
- Tim Silverthorn, firstname.lastname@example.org, (651) 962-4336, (supports the College of Business, Minneapolis campus)
- Dave Hanson, email@example.com, (651) 962-4543, (supports the School of Education)
- Bob Collett, firstname.lastname@example.org, (651) 962-4328, (supports the School of Law and Schulze Hall)
While academic consultants are available as a personal and single point of contact for academic departments, please remember that they do their jobs “in the field” and are not always at their desks when you phone or e-mail.
To help us help you, please use the following guidelines:
- If your needs are immediate (for example, classroom support) always call the IRT Tech Desk, (651) 962-6230. Tech desk staff will either answer your question or dispatch a rapid response technician to assist.
- If your need is not immediate, academic departments should feel free to contact their academic technology consultant directly – by phone or e-mail.