Join the campus community for the soft opening of the Anderson Student Center at noon on Tuesday, Jan. 17, in the atrium of the building.
The ribbon-cutting ceremony will include remarks by campus administrators and student leaders to add to an event-filled day in the new Anderson Student Center.
For those interested, open tours will leave Tommie Central, the information center on the first floor of the building, every half hour beginning at 8 a.m.
All are welcome to explore the facility on their own and check out the following events:
- Free bowling and shoe rental in the lower-level Bowling Center.
- Open play on Wii, XBox and PS3 in ’85, the gaming space named to acknowledge the founding of the University of St. Thomas in 1885.
- An open house in the American Museum of Asmat Art located on the second floor.
- Dining Services specials in many of the student-named dining venues in the building: The Loft (third floor coffee and smoothie bar), T’s (first floor retail dining) and Summit Marketplace (first floor C-Store).
- An open house in the Frank and Judy Sunberg Student Leadership Center located on the third floor.
Other areas of interest in the 225,000-square-foot facility include:
- Four-story grand staircase
- James B. Woulfe Alumni Hall - the premier, on-campus event space, which can accommodate up to 900 for lecture-style seating.
- New suites for the offices of Auxillary Services, Campus Life and Student Engagement, Campus Ministry, Dean of Students, International Student Services, Off-Campus Student Services, Student Diversity and Inclusion Services and the Vice President for Student Affairs.
- A new location for Scooter's - a 6,900-square-foot space, home to a 1,554-square-foot dance floor, pool tables, darts and built-in stage.
- The View, appropriately named for the views of the lower quad, Palmer Field and Cretin Avenue.
Explore the living room of campus as we celebrate the opening of the Anderson Student Center!
J-Term hours for the facility are Sunday-Saturday, 7 a.m.-10 p.m.
Dining Services J-Term hours:
Monday-Friday: 7 a.m.-6 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Summit Marketplace/Scooter's:
Monday-Thursday: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- The Loft:
Monday-Friday: 7 a.m.-3 p.m.
(Opens Monday, Jan. 23)
- The View:
Jan. 23-26: 11 a.m.-1 p.m. and 5-6:30 p.m.
Jan. 27-28: Closed
Jan. 29: 4:30-7:30 p.m.
For more information visit the Anderson Student Center website.
For an interactive map of the new Anderson Student Center’s floor plans, visit the Opening Doors Campaign.