Mass schedule announced for Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception Dec. 8
The Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary is Thursday, Dec. 8.
In the Catholic Church, the solemnity commemorates the belief that Mary, mother of Jesus, was preserved from the moment of her conception from original sin and was filled with grace from the very beginning of her life. The present form of the feast dates from Dec. 8, 1854, when Pope Pius IX defined the dogma of the Immaculate Conception.
This solemnity is a holy day of obligation for Catholics.
Here is the Mass schedule for Dec. 8:
- 7 a.m. – Chapel of St. Thomas Aquinas
- Noon – St. Thomas More Chapel (School of Law, Minneapolis campus)
- 12:05 p.m. – Florance Chapel (lower level, Chapel of St. Thomas Aquinas)
- 5 p.m. – St. Mary’s Chapel, St. Paul Seminary
- 7:15 p.m. – St. John Vianney Seminary