Sunshine, blue sky, and good food, friends and families converged on campus for Family Weekend, Oct. 7-9.
More than 1,300 guests visited campus during Family Weekend
From the Dean of Students Office
More than 1,300 guests from Minnesota and 15 other states registered for Family Weekend events on Oct. 7-9.
Here are some of the Family Weekend highlights:
- More than 225 parents registered to attend class with their student on Friday.
- Dr. Jeri Rockett led a group of approximately 25 parents and students in a discussion on the book College of the Overwhelmed: The Campus Mental Health Crisis and What to Do About It.
- More than 140 people participated in a 5K Fun Run-Walk hosted by the Box Office.
- On Saturday morning, approximately 150 guests enjoyed lectures given by Dr. Michael Mikolajczak, English Department; Dr. Mari Heltne, Quantitative Methods and Computer Science Department; Dr. Kris Bunton, Journalism Department; Dr. Raymond MacKenzie, English Department; and Dr. Tonia Bock, Psychology Department.
- The Parent Network sponsored a Brat-and-Chili Fest where more than 600 family members were served.
- A crowded auditorium heard Jeff Corwin, creator, host and producer of the Discovery Channel’s “Going Wild with Jeff Corwin,” speak and also enjoyed the sounds of Four Shadow, an a cappella music group.
- More than 260 people registered to participate in the ACTC Art Attack on Saturday night.
- Nearly 600 family members attended Mass and brunch on Sunday morning.
The Family Weekend Committee thanks the Division of Student Affairs staff members for their support of Family Weekend. Family Weekend 2006 is scheduled for Oct. 6-8, 2006.