New Talent Management System introduced by Human Resources
It gives me great pleasure to announce, on behalf of the Human Resources Department, a new Talent Management System. The new system goes live this week and replaces the SONIC system that hiring managers and job applicants have used for several years. Some hiring managers already have tested this new system through several HR-sponsored tutorials. Their reactions were overwhelmingly positive. What they recognized immediately was the vast improvement this new system will make to UST's search and selection process -- a sometimes cumbersome administrative process.
Below is some basic information about the new system.
What is a Talent Management System?
- The Talent Management System is an online requisition and applicant tracking system designed to streamline for hiring managers the search and selection process.
- This system will be used both for faculty and staff search processes from initial requisition to the approval to hire stage. All forms that hiring managers use currently are centralized and incorporated into one simple online tool.
- Most importantly, this new system promises to increase efficiency and accessibility for hiring managers and job seekers. It's all online -- although other arrangements have been made to accommodate applicants who do not have access to a personal computer.
- Click here to view the manager's site. Log in using the UST log in and password you use to log in to your computer.
- Click here to visit the new Employment Opportunities site.
How is the Talent Management System different from our current system?
There are many positive differences. There will be:
- Up-to-date information on approval processes, applicant pool and search status
- User-friendly -- Hiring managers can rank applicants, communicate with them and share information with search committee members all online.
- Ease of use -- No more managing applicant materials through e-mail. Hiring managers simply log into the system to manage their applicant pool.
- Accessibility -- Jobs are accessible to both job seekers and hiring managers from anywhere using Internet access.
- Quicker job placements -- Hiring managers can view resumes and take action immediately.
- Reporting -- Provides a more robust tracking system of candidates, EEO information, recruitment sources
- Efficiency -- Designed to make the recruitment and hiring process more efficient and accessible for hiring managers and applicants
- Time saving -- The Talent Management System allows for pre-screening of applicant by minimum qualifications and predetermined questions (i.e., years of related experience, technology skills, professional licensure and certifications).
Please join HR Department representatives for a demonstration and overview of the university's new Talent Management System from 1 to 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 27, in Room 111, Opus Hall, Minneapolis campus.
You may sign up for the session at Training Online, calling (652) 962-6900, or sending an e-mail to the Leadership Academy.
If you are unable to attend this tutorial, please contact Susan McDougall, HR specialist, or your HR partner. Either individual is happy to provide you with a one-to-one tutorial session.
I look forward to receiving your feedback.