Nominate yourself, colleagues for Nonexempt Staff Council
Nonexempt (hourly) employees are invited to nominate themselves or colleagues to serve as candidates in the upcoming Nonexempt Staff Council election. Needed are energetic individuals from a variety of departments and service areas.
Candidates should be interested in advancing NESC's mission to build a strong and healthy workplace by fostering communication with the university's administration, advocating for common interests, focusing on cooperation and building community within the university.
Because NESC serves and advocates for all hourly employees, people from all departments and campus locations are encouraged to consider running for election.
The nomination deadline is Friday, Feb. 20.
NESC members serve two-year terms and generally devote two to five hours per month to council duties, which include attending monthly meetings, serving on university committees, coordinating social events for nonexempt staff, working on council management projects, representing the council at UST events and organizing the annual Nonexempt Staff Appreciation Breakfast.
There are also two half-day retreats each year. Because council members provide an important service to the university, NESC activities will be considered part of an employee's duties and supervisors will approve NESC-related absences. Those who serve also have the opportunity to learn more about UST while meeting colleagues from throughout the campus community. Serving on the council is a lot of hard work, but it is also a lot of fun.
- Nomination deadline – Friday, Feb. 20
- Nominees contacted about willingness to run – week of Feb. 23
- Nominee bio deadline – Friday, March 6
- Call for online voting – Monday, March 16
- Voting deadline – Friday, March 27
- New NESC members announced at Nonexempt Staff Appreciation Breakfast – Thursday, April 2
To nominate yourself or a nonexempt co-worker:
- Online: Visit the Nonexempt Staff Council Web site. Click on the "Questions? Comments? Write us" link and enter the nominee's name and department in the comment section.
- By e-mail: email@example.com
- By mail: Send to NESC Election, Mail #4221
For more information, call Ann Hale, (651) 962-5350, or Barb Joynson, NESC president, (651) 962-6434.