Open forums will be held Feb. 6-14 with three finalists for St. Thomas’ next executive vice president and provost, who will succeed Dr. Susan Huber when she retires June 30.
President Julie Sullivan and the search committee interviewed candidates Jan. 24 and 25 and chose three finalists. At their request, the candidates will not be identified in order to protect their identities, and Sullivan asks that members of the St. Thomas community respect the request throughout the interviews and the selection process.
“I was impressed by the strengths of the candidates who applied for the position and thank the search committee for its careful review in choosing the finalists,” Sullivan said. “This position is vitally important to our future, and I encourage everyone to participate in the process by attending the forums and sharing your thoughts with the committee and me.”
The candidates' resumes are available to St. Thomas community members via restricted-access Internet. The directions for access to the resumes and the electronic response forms are at https://www.stthomas.edu/provostsearch/.
Here is the schedule for the forums:
- First faculty and staff forum: 11:45 a.m.-1:15 p.m. Feb. 6, O’Shaughnessy Educational Center auditorium in St. Paul, with live-stream simulcast to 202 Opus Hall on the Minneapolis campus.
- Student forum: 2:30-3:30 p.m. Feb. 6, 202 Anderson Student Center.
- Second faculty-staff forum: Noon-1:30 p.m. Feb. 7, 202 Opus Hall, with simulcast to North Woulfe Alumni Hall, Anderson Student Center.
- First faculty-staff forum: 1:30-2:30 p.m. Feb. 10, 202 Opus Hall, with simulcast to North Woulfe Alumni Hall.
- Student forum: 3:45-4:45 p.m. Feb. 10, 202 Anderson Student Center.
- Second faculty-staff forum: Noon-1:30 p.m. Feb. 11, OEC auditorium, with simulcast to 201 Opus Hall.
- First faculty-staff forum: 11:45 a.m.-1:15 p.m. Feb. 13, OEC auditorium, with simulcast to 202 Opus Hall.
- Student forum: 2:30-3:30 p.m. Feb. 13, 235 Anderson Student Center.
- Second faculty-staff forum: 12:15-1:15 p.m. Feb. 14, 202 Opus Hall, with simulcast to OEC Auditorium.
Korn/Ferry International, a recruiting firm, helped to identify candidates. The 15-person search committee includes Sullivan and Dr. Susan Alexander, executive adviser to the president, who is staffing the committee and is an ex-officio member. Other members are:
Dean: Dr. Terence Langan, College of Arts and Sciences.
Faculty: Dr. Thomas Connery, communication and journalism, Dr. Catherine Cory, theology; Dr. Kendra Garrett, social work; Dr. Kenneth Goodpaster, business ethics; Neil Hamilton, law; Dr. Thomas Hickson, geology; Dr. Ameeta Jaiswal-Dale, finance; and Dr. Robert Riley, economics.
Staff: Karen Lange, Dean of Students Office, and Joe Herrera, Enrollment Services.
Students: Jenna Johnson, Undergraduate Student Government president, and Ty Jesinoski, graduate student.