Postgraduate Full-Time Volunteer Fair is today
The Center for Community Partnerships is hosting a Postgraduate Full-Time Volunteer Fair from 5 to 7:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 5, in Room 155, Murray-Herrick Campus Center.
The evening will begin with a panel discussion by four St. Thomas graduates from 5 to 6 p.m. They will talk about their full-time volunteer work since graduation.
Panel members are:
- Alison Piumbroeck '05, majored in international studies and political science, participated in City Year with Americorps in Washington, D.C.
- Adam Groebner '05, majored in international studies and Spanish, participated in ACE in Texas through the University of Notre Dame
- Mikayla Althaus '05, majored in leadership and management and Spanish, participated in Good Shepherd Volunteers in Paraguay
- Caitlin Schwartz '07, majored in justice and peace studies and sociology, participated in St. Joseph the Worker Program in Minneapolis
A volunteer fair will follow the panel discussion from 6 to 7:30 p.m. in the first-floor atrium (above the Bookstore), Murray-Herrick Campus Center. Pizza, pop and dessert will be provided.
A variety of organizations representing faith-based, non-faith-based, international, domestic, one-year, and two-year programs will be present.
The participating organizations are:
- Peace Corps
- Teach for America
- Alliance for Catholic Education (ACE)
- St. Joseph the Worker
- Lutheran Volunteer Corps
- AMATE House
- Good Shepherd Volunteers
- Student Conservation Association (SCA)
If you have any questions, contact Adam Lukoskie, (651) 962-6466.