Are you ready to stay active and get moving this summer and earn 350 Vitality points? The Lazy Triathlon is a six-week competition to challenge participants to complete the total miles of either a half, full or double Ironman triathlon.
Work out anywhere, any time, and complete the total miles through any combination of swimming, biking and/or running and walking. Events are interchangeable as long as you complete the total miles/distance you register for.
- Half Ironman distance: 1.2 miles swimming (6.6 laps per week), 56 miles biking (9 1/3 miles per week), 13.1 miles running (5/16 mile per day). The half Ironman is 70.3 total miles, which averages to be about 12 miles of activity per week.
- Full Ironman distance: 2.4 miles swimming (13.2 laps per week), 112 miles biking (18 2/3 miles per week), 26.2 miles running (5/8 mile per day). The full Ironman is 140.6 total miles total, which averages to be about 23.5 miles of activity per week.
- Double Ironman distance: 4.8 miles swimming (26.4 laps per week), 224 miles biking (37 1/3 miles per week), 53.4 miles running (1.25 miles per day). The double Ironman is 281.2 total miles total, which averages to be about 47 miles of activity per week.
Sign up today and begin tracking your miles starting June 17. Click here to register.
How does it work?
- Register to participate in the challenge here.
- Participants have up to six weeks (6/17/2015-7/28/2015) to complete all three parts of either a half, full or double Ironman distance triathlon.
- Keep track of the number of miles you complete each week starting Wednesday, June 17. Weekly miles can be completed through either the traditional mileage breakdown of swimming, biking and running OR through the event(s) that participants feel most comfortable with. For example, you could complete the total half ironman distance by just walking and/or biking.
- Once registered, look for emails giving you week-by-week instructions that will include a link to a simple form to submit your weekly miles. A week starts on a Wednesday and ends the following Tuesday at midnight.
- You will receive an email link to enter your miles every Wednesday starting June 17. Submit the total number of miles you logged each week no later than 2 p.m. Thursday.
- You can join in at any time in the program, and your miles start at that particular time.
- If you complete the total miles for your chosen triathlon distance by July 28 you will earn 350 Vitality points.
- Not signed up for Vitality? Sign up today, it is free and easy.
The weeks of the triathlon are as follows:
- Week #1: Wed., June 17, ends Tues., June 23
- Week #2: Wed., June 24, ends Tues., June 30
- Week #3: Wed., July 1, ends Tues., July 7
- Week #4: Wed., July 8, ends Tues., July 14
- Week #5: Wed., July 15, ends Tues., July 21
- Week #6: Wed., July 22, ends Tues., July 28
This competition is sponsored by St. Thomas’ Staff and Faculty Wellness Committee.
Questions? Contact Alaina Ericksen at (651) 962-6519 or email@example.com.