The Women Faculty Leadership Council will meet in January to discuss Reframing Academic Leadership by Lee Bolman and Joan Gallos. Everyone is welcome. Books can be ordered through the publisher or Amazon, and an e-book is available.
In Reframing Academic Leadership, Bolman and Gallos offer higher education leaders a provocative and pragmatic guide for:
- Crafting dynamic institutions where the whole is greater than the sum of the parts
- Creating campus environments that facilitate creativity and commitment
- Forging alliances and partnerships in service of the mission
- Building shared vision and campus cultures that unite and inspire
- Serving the larger goals of the academy and society
Throughout the book, the authors integrate powerful conceptual frameworks with rich and compelling real-world cases to support academic leaders searching for the best in themselves and in their institutions. The book tackles thorny issues such as building institutional clarity and capacity, managing conflict, coping with difficult people, partnering with the boss and developing leadership resilience.
The group will meet three times in the Luann Dummer Center for Women, O'Shaughnessy Educational Center, Room 103, to discuss the three sections of the book.
- 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 12, Part I: Leadership Epistemology
- 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 20, Part II: Reframing Leadership Challenges
- 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 28, Part III: Sustaining Higher Education Leaders
Bring your lunch and enjoy the discussion, even if you have not read the book.