Alumnus Gabe Berntson to speak at ‘Living the Mission ’ event on April 12
The luncheon speaker series, “Living the Mission: Alumni Reflections in the Law School,” will feature a talk by Gabe Berntson from noon to 1:15 p.m. Wednesday, April 12, in Room 458, School of Law building, Minneapolis campus. Lunch is provided.
Berntson’s talk is titled “Finding Your Way,” an unconventional approach to using a legal education to lead the life you want. He will provide ideas for integrating family and service with your career.
About the speaker
- University of St. Thomas 1994
- B.A. history, minors in English and QMCS
- Hamline University School of Law 1998
- UST Fast Track Program 1999
- Licensed to Practice Law in Minnesota and Wisconsin
- Island Investments Inc. (and subsidiaries), 1998 to present (legal, financial and general business consulting services)
- General practice of law, 1998
- UST assistant track and field coach, 1995 to present
- Real estate law instructor – Globe College-MSB, 2004 to present
- Civil Society Legal Clinic, 2000-2002
- CLC volunteer attorney, 2000 to present
- Alumni Association Board of Directors
- Vice president, Volunteer Development Committee (Society of the Arches) of the Alumni Association Board of Directors
- Frequent volunteer (mentor, Take a Tommie to Lunch, golf tourneys, etc.)
This speaker series is sponsored by: the University of St. Thomas Alumni Association and the Events and Programs Committee of the Board of Directors, University of St. Thomas School of Law Worship Committee and the University of St. Thomas School of Law Public Service Board. The series presents alumni reflections on how they have integrated faith, reason and service in their personal and professional lives.
Questions? Call the Alumni Association, (651) 962-6430.