Apply for consultant position in Center for Writing
From the Center for Writing
Undergraduate applications are available for undergraduate students to become peer consultants in the Center for Writing for 2007-08.
The Center for Writing is looking for responsible, compassionate people who are excited about writing and interested in working one-to-one with other student writers. Through our individual conferences, consultants emphasize reading, writing and analysis as processes, and they promote discussion of challenges and concerns that student writers face.
As a writing consultant you will be asked to:
- Work one-to-one with students at any stage of their reading or writing process
- Work three to 12 hours per week
- Successfully complete a special course that will prepare you to work in the center during the fall semester while you consult
- Stay until you graduate
The benefits of being a writing consultant include:
- Joining a team of enthusiastic students
- Working in an intellectual environment
- Setting your own hours each semester
- Enjoying excellent pay rates
- Adding to your résumé
- Gaining valuable experience working with others
- Improving your communication, writing and reading skills
Applications are due at noon Friday, March 9.
If you are interested in becoming a peer consultant, pick up an application at the Center for Writing in Room 361, John R. Roach Center for the Liberal Arts or call us at (651) 962-5601. We highly recommend you familiarize yourself with how we work before you apply. So make an appointment and bring in one of your writing assignments.
Questions? Contact Dr. Susan Callaway, director, (651) 962-5602.