UST is heavily engaged in supporting and shaping the 2014 Net Impact National Conference. The conference will take place November 6-8 at the Minneapolis Convention Center. The Opus College of Business is an official sponsor of the event.
Net Impact is a community of more than 50,000 student and professional leaders creating positive social and environmental change in the workplace and the world.
An attendee once described the Net Impact Conference as “100 different flavors of amazing.” Why? There are of course, inspirational keynotes and practical skill-building boot camps. But also, networking salons and career mentoring. Collaborate problem-solving and interactive sessions. Behind-the-scenes business tours and complimentary yoga.
Attendees tend to leave not only inspired but also equipped with the skills and connections to take action and make the world a better place. Some even start companies or switch careers. Here, from the Net Impact blog, is a list of five ways the the conference could change your life:
1. Release your inner entrepreneur. With so many revolutionary leaders all in one place, the conference generates big ideas. Even better, those ideas sometimes come to fruition in the months that follow.
2. Boost your expertise in one short weekend. Conference tracks include energy & clean tech, entrepreneurship & social enterprise, finance & investing, international development, sustainable food & agriculture and more.
3. Get energized to improve the world. One session, or even one conversation, at such a diverse event can change how you view the world.
4. Launch your impact career. Spend time at the NI14 Expo and network with organizations looking to recruit future leaders. Or you can sign up for a one-on-one career mentoring session with an industry expert.
5. Enhance your personal and professional network. You’ll find an incredible array of networking opportunities at NI14, with formats to suit attendees regardless of their career status and goals.