Breathe Strongly: The Great American Smoke-Out at UST starts today
The Wellness Center will participate in this year’s Great American Smoke-Out. The theme for this year’s campaign is "Breathe Strongly." The center's staff will set up tables throughout the St. Paul campus to raise awareness on how to quit smoking and provide students, faculty and staff with “Quit Kits” to help them stop smoking.
Tables will be set up:
Wednesday, Nov. 15
- During lunch in the Binz Refectory
- 10:30 a.m.-5 p.m. in Koch Commons
Thursday Nov. 16
- Noon-3 p.m. at the Grill
- 9 a.m. - noon in Koch Commons
Stop by the tables and pick up a Quit Kit, send a card to a friend you would like to encourage to stop smoking, get information on how to quit, and take a quiz to be entered into a drawing for a $20 gift certificate to Chipotle Mexican Grill. Also, smokers who turn in their cigarettes will be entered into a drawing for dinner for two at a smoke-free restaurant.
The Quit Kits include:
- Brochures and information on how and why to quit smoking
- List of activities at UST to help you keep yourself busy
- Sticker to wear so everyone knows that you are smoke free
- Lifetime Fitness VIP one-day pass to help keep you fit
- Gum to chew instead of smoking and help stop cravings
- Lifesaver mints and a lollipop so you can always keep your mouth busy
- Bookmark with information on places to go or who to call when you need help
Visit the American Cancer Society Web site for more information on the national Great American Smokeout, Nov. 16.