The Office of Service-Learning & Civic Engagement (OSLCE) invites students to submit an abstract for the Service-Learning Student Poster Session, which will share students’ experiences on their service-learning course and the community partner(s) they worked with.
Abstracts can be submitted by individuals, groups or by a class. Co-authoring with the community partner is encouraged. The deadline for abstract submissions is Tuesday, March 17. Abstracts can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The poster session will be held alongside the Service-Learning Awards Reception from 4-6:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 12.
The abstract should be a one-page summary (maximum) and should follow these guidelines:
- Information about the community partner: issues addressed by the community partner and the work performed by the UST student(s)
- The impact of the service performed: Who benefited from the service? What were the outcomes? How did the experience impact you and the greater community?
- Learning objectives:
- Academic: connection to program or course content
- Civic: understanding of community need
- Self: awareness of individual changes or connection to a career, professional or personal goals
Questions? Contact OSLCE at (651) 962-5380 or stop by Aquinas Hall 313.