Catholic Studies Master of Arts essay presentations will be held Monday and Tuesday, May 16 and 17. The presentations will begin at 6 p.m. in Room 108, O’Shaughnessy-Frey Library Center.
Graduate student presenters and master’s essay titles:
Monday, May 16
- Cameron Thompson, “The Metaphysics of Love: Union of Persons in the Thought of Aquinas”
- James Hamlin, “Reflections on Dawson: The Church and European Unity”
- Jill Olson, “Polish Nationalism and Messianism as Seen Through Adam Mickiewicz”
Tuesday, May 17
- Allison Koop, “Recovering the Word: Exploring the Mystical Aesthetic of Adam Mickiewicz”
- Jim Carrico, “The Newmanian Quality of Chesterton’s Orthodoxy”
- Homer Twigg, “The Rediscovery of Devotionals, and the Spiritual Needs They Meet”
- Terence Sweeney, “Against Ideology: Walker Percy’s and Gabriel Marcel’s Philosophy of Vocation”
This event is free and open to the public. Light refreshments will be served. For more information call the Catholic Studies graduate office, (651) 962-5704.