Michael Devins received honorable mention in the Sense of Place category in the 2007 International Education Photo Contest with this photo of the O’Connell Bridge in Dublin, Ireland.
Celebrate International Education Week, Sept. 29-Oct. 3
Next week is International Education Week at St. Thomas, sponsored by International Programs: the International Education Center, the Office of International Student Services and ELS Language Centers.
Celebrate with St. Thomas' International Programs by participating in some of the activities listed below. (Note the special items offered in the Grill.)
All week, Sept. 29-Oct. 3
International food specials in the Grill (click for menu)
Saturday, Sept. 27
25th anniversary celebration for International Programs – registration is required for attendance at this event: 5-8 p.m. on the third floor, Murray-Herrick Campus Center
Monday, Sept. 29
- International cooking demo, 6 p.m. at Common Ground, 2154 Summit Ave., hosted by the Globally Minded Student Association and Common Ground
- Grill menu – Napoleon dessert (Russia), $2
Tuesday, Sept. 30
- CultureLink Tea, 3:30 p.m. in Room 155, Murray-Herrick Campus Center
- Grill menu – Chicken Biryani and rice (Pakistan), $5.50
Wednesday, Oct. 1
- International Global Table, noon-1:30 p.m. in the Grill
- Japanese Tea Ceremony demo, 4 p.m. in the Fireside Room, Murray-Herrick Campus Center
- Grill menu – Kapsa (Saudi Arabia), $5
Thursday, Oct. 2
- International Food and Fun Fair, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. in Coughlan Field House. The fair will feature international food; Food Services will serve lunch in the field house rather than the cafeteria. Enjoy music from around the world, learn about the different countries represented at St. Thomas and more.
- Grill menu – Chinese buffet, $5.75
Friday, Oct. 3
- International Game Night, 8:30-11:30 p.m. at Scooter's, lower level, Murray-Herrick Campus Center
- Grill menu – Gyros with chips (Greece), $5