Center for Business Excellence announces two programs
Strategies for Organizational Growth, Aug. 26 through Dec. 10, is a five-module series of must-know strategies for CEOs, senior managers and owners that is designed to help achieve a company’s profitable, long-term growth and competitive advantage. This program addresses the critical forces that impact the short-term and long-term success of organizations. It is particularly useful for people who want to direct and map their business’ future and is also valuable for businesses looking to re-ignite growth or expand into new areas.
- Assist in formulating and evaluating innovative strategies necessary to facilitate growth in competitive and tough economic times.
- Enhance creative thinking and the ability to anticipate a company’s potential problems and opportunities.
- Help leaders move their businesses from initial success to a more advanced stage of development.
- Identify ways and means of successfully acquiring, retaining and leading critical human resources.
- Develop comfort in measuring, acquiring and strategically applying financial resources.
Executive Leadership Program
The Center for Business Excellence also presents its Executive Leadership Program, Aug. 24, 2005 , through Feb. 19, 2006 . This seven-month program is for individuals possessing a sincere desire to assess their leadership philosophy, the resilience to challenge their perceptions of leadership, and the foresight to seek guidance in advancing their personal and professional growth.
With topics suggested by local CEOs and guided by the time-honored University of St. Thomas emphasis on combining theory and practice, the Executive Leadership Program offers the new business executive the opportunity to deeply explore the challenges of the executive role and implement practical solutions and actions.
- Learn what attributes comprise the “executive role” and what qualities define executive-level leadership.
- Confront, prioritize and resolve the issues that must be addressed to succeed at that level.
- Define a style of influence that aligns with personal attitudes and values while reflecting the principles and ideals of effective executive leadership.
- Develop personal processes for obtaining feedback and input from others in ways that will guarantee the continuous development of executive leadership conduct.
- Analyze your business to identify and understand the significance of its competitive position, cultural strengths and individual contributions.
- Recognize the role your business plays in the greater community, and understand how nurturing relationships with stakeholders can contribute to greater success.
- Conduct a thorough analysis and achieve an understanding of your organization as a strategically aligned system.
- Identify, develop and initiate implementation of a significant change project in an important aspect of your organization.
A 33 percent discount is available to UST alumni for both of these programs. For more information or to register, contact the Center for Business Excellence, (651) 962-4600, or visit the Strategies for Organizational Growth or the Executive Leadership Program Web page.