Exempt employees: Note change in how to report vacation days
Effective tomorrow, Tuesday, July 1, exempt employees will report their vacation days and floating holiday through Employee Self-Service (Murphy Online). Here's how:
- Log into Employee Self-Service (Murphy Online) – https://banner.stthomas.edu . You will need your UST ID (Identification Number), the nine-digit number found under your name on your Tommie eXpress photo ID card or on your paycheck. You also will need your PIN (Personal Identification Number); employees are issued a personal identification number for use with the Employee Self-Service (Murphy Online). If you have forgotten your PIN, or need a new one, contact the IRT Tech Desk, (651)962-6230 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click on "Employee Services"
- Click on "Vacation Reporting Menu"
Tip: You also can find links to the vacation reporting system from the "Tools" menu at the top of the UST home page or in the lower right-hand corner of the Human Resources Web site at www.stthomas.edu/hr .
How to enter vacation days
- To enter vacation days taken, click on "Enter Vacation Days" from the Menu.
- Enter the start and end dates. You can type in the date (mm/ dd/yyyy), or click on the calendar icon to select the date.
- Enter the number of days you have taken. Do not include weekend days.
- Select radio button for either vacation day or floating holiday.
- Click "Submit" to continue. If there are any errors with the data you entered, an error message will be displayed. Correct the dates and/or day(s) taken and click "Submit" again.
- Confirm vacation days. If information is correct, click “Submit,” or select "Re-enter" to make corrections.
How to view available vacation days and reports
- To view the number of vacation days available, click on "View Available Vacation Days" from the menu.
- To view your vacation report, click on the "View Vacation Report" from the menu. A list of years will be displayed.
- Select a fiscal year and click "Display" to continue. The resulting report will include the date you entered the vacation day, date taken, number of days taken, whether the day was recorded as a vacation day or a floating holiday, the total number of days taken and the total days available.
- To print the report, click “Click here to print vacation report.”
How to view service date and accrual rate table
Click on "View Accrual Rates" from the menu.
Or, e-mail: email@example.com