October is Theological Libraries Month, and Ireland Library has planned several activities throughout the month to celebrate:
- Pope Benedict XVI has declared 2009-10 as a “Year for Priests,” and Ireland Library will display materials and provide a bibliography on this theme.
- Enjoy an exhibit of historic holy cards from the library's collection.
- Take a look at new books and electronic resources, either on site in the library or remotely.
- New e-resources workshops from noon to 1 p.m. Tuesdays in October:
- Oct. 6 – O'Shaughnessy-Frey Library Center, Room 208
- Oct. 13 – O'Shaughnessy-Frey Library Center, Room 314
- Oct. 20 – O'Shaughnessy-Frey Library Center, Room 208
- Oct. 27 – O'Shaughnessy-Frey Library Center, Room 208
“TLM is an opportunity for us to show a side of the library that the campus community may not be used to seeing,” said Curt Le May, Ireland Library’s director. “We encourage everyone to visit us often and learn that the library has more to offer than you imagined. We can provide expert direction on how to navigate newly available sources. If you are researching a paper or looking for a colleague’s newest publication, you can find it here.”
The American Theological Library Association launched TLM four years ago to highlight the vital role libraries play in theological education and to advance the value of theological libraries and library services to faculty, administrators, staff and students.
For more information about Theological Libraries Month at UST, contact Jan Malcheski, (651) 962-5453.