Great Books Reading Group to discuss Nuclear Weapons: What You Need to Know
St. Thomas' Great Books Reading Group will discuss Nuclear Weapons: What You Need to Know, by Jeremy Bernstein, on Wednesday, Aug. 20. Bernstein is professor emeritus of physics at the Stevens Institute of Technology in Hoboken, N.J.
The group will meet from 7 to 9 p.m. in Room 388, Owens Science Hall; refreshments will be served.
Great Books Reading Group meets monthly to discuss a book. The group's tentative schedule for the next few months:
- Aug. 20 – Nuclear Weapons: What You Need to Know by Jeremy Bernstein
- Sept. 17 – A Room With a View by E. M. Forester
- Oct. 15 – Upside-down: A Primer for the Looking-glass World by Eduardo Galeano
- November (date to be determined) – The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- December (date to be determined) – The Last Days of Socrates by Plato
Everyone is welcome. The books are available in the University of St. Thomas Bookstore. Look for the Great Books poster near the customer service desk.
For information, or to make requests or comments, e-mail Dr. Thomas Tommet.