Opus College of Business graduate students, alumni, faculty and prospective students interested in the health care industry are invited to attend today's UST MBA Health Care/Medical Industry Student Interest Group meeting and faculty panel discussion.
The event will be held from 4:30 to 6 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 22, in Room 201, Opus Hall, on the Minneapolis campus.
After a short planning session a panel discussion on “Health Care Today: Hot Topics and Trends Shaping the Industry" will begin at 5 p.m. The panel will be composed of UST faculty members who will be teaching elective health care courses in the MBA programs during the coming year.
Faculty members, and the courses they teach, on the panel will include:
- Fritz Wenzel, Overview of the Health Care System
- John Reiling, Change Leadership in Health Care and Topics on Quality in Health Care
- Mark Fisher, Financing and Funding the U.S. Health Care System
- Karin Roof, Marketing Medical Technologies
Sen. David Durenberger, Senior Health Policy Fellow at St. Thomas, will moderate the panel. The panel will discuss efforts focused on tackling the “Triple Aim”of health care, to simultaneously:
- Improve the health of the population
- Improve the patient/consumer experience
- Improve the affordability of health care.
The panel will ask: How is the industry tackling these initiatives? What are the challenges, opportunities, and drivers shaping the industry today?
Register online for this event.