Human Resources reminds employees of open enrollment for benefits
The 2007 Online Annual Enrollment began Monday, Nov. 6, and ends at 11:59 p.m. Monday, Nov. 20. This is an opportunity for benefits-eligible St. Thomas employees to:
- Enroll in, re-enroll in or drop the medical and/or dental plan
- Transfer to a different medical plan
- Enroll or re-enroll in the Health Care or Dependent Care Spending Account
- Add an eligible dependent or drop a dependent
- Enroll in the new vision plan
This year's Annual Enrollment includes:
- No change in design of the two medical plans
- Rate increase for both medical plans
- No rate increase for the dental plan
- No rate increase for Supplemental Life Insurance
- No rate increase for Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
The 2007 benefits program includes changes in the medical plan premiums, the addition of vision insurance and no increase in dental plan premiums. All changes become effective Jan. 1, 2007.
The following is an overview of the 2007 plan year bi-weekly premium rates:
For employees interested in on learning more about the UST benefits program, please plan to attend one of the remaining employee meetings:
St. Paul Campus
9-10 a.m. Monday, Nov. 13, in Room 155, Murray-Herrick Campus Center
- Noon-1 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 8, in Room 301, Terrence Murphy Hall
- 3-4 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 15, in Room 301, Terrence Murphy Hall
A representative of Spectera Vision Care will be at the meetings to answer questions on the new vision care plan.
Important enrollment/change information
The medical, dental, and flexible spending account options you select during the annual enrollment period will be in effect through the next calendar year, Jan. 1-Dec. 31, 2007.
To enroll or make changes in your benefits plans, you must enroll by 11:59 p.m. Monday, Nov. 20, 2006. All necessary tools (including the rate sheet and medical plan comparisons) and contacts for your enrollment are provided on the Benefits Web site as well as included in the easy-to-follow 2007 Benefits Guide that employees already have received.