Mission Essay Contest winners announced
One of the unique features of this year's Welcome Week was a Mission Essay Contest for new students at the university. Freshman (resident and commuter), transfer and new graduate students were invited to write, in 100 words or less, about one of St. Thomas' Convictions.
The essay topic was: By the time you graduate, how do you hope you and your class/cohort will experience this Conviction at St. Thomas?
A panel of judges selected six essays as winners. Congratulations to:
- Cory Titus -- Pursuit of truth
- Liesel Schmidt -- Faith and reason
- Lindsey Olson -- Dignity
- Sarah Driever -- Diversity
- Alicia Broker -- Personal attention
- Laura Broker -- Gratitude
- No award was granted for essays submitted for academic excellence.
The winning essays can be read online.
Each winner will be awarded a $50 certificate for the Bookstore and a pizza party for their residence floor or (for commuters/graduate students) group of friends.
The Welcome Week Committee thanks all those new students who submitted essays.