Panel to discuss HIV/AIDS on World AIDS Day Dec. 1
The University of St. Thomas Justice and Peace Studies Department and St. Mark's Justice and Peace Committee are sponsoring a panel to discuss HIV/AIDS.
The panel will be held from 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 1, in O'Shaughnessy Educational Center auditorium.
- Dr. Frank Rhame: Allina HIV/AIDS research physician who recently attended the third international AIDS conference.
- Jim Mauer: Manager of Park House Day Health Center for people with HIV/AIDS.
- Molly Mathison: Open Arms of Minneapolis.
- Nora and Ken Krahn: Missionaries in South Africa.
- Father Jim Cassidy: Pastor at St. Joan of Arc Parish, which established a sister-city relationship with a township in South Africa.
- Margaret Wasum, who has lost members of her family to AIDS and is working with West Africans in education support in the Twin Cities.