Parking changes on tap for Finals Week, move-out
With Finals Week and move-out quickly approaching, Parking Services issues a reminder to be aware of the following parking changes:
- Beginning 6 p.m. Friday, May 15, and continuing throughout the summer, Public Safety will not require permits in commuter and employee lots from 5 a.m. to 2 a.m. However, overnight parking is not allowed in these lots.
- Parking will be restricted in multiple lots during move-out and graduation. Part of Lot E will be closed beginning Monday, May 18. It will be completely closed for parking Thursday, May 21, through Friday, May 22. The lot will be closed for vehicle access and parking from 8 p.m. Friday, May 22, to 10 p.m. Saturday, May 23. Parking Lot E will be closed from 10 p.m. Saturday, May 23, until further notice.
- Lot B and part of Lot A will be closed for move-out on Friday, May 22.
- Parking will not be allowed in Lot H from 9 p.m. Friday, May 22, to 8 a.m. Saturday, May 23.
- Do not park in the 15-minute zone under the skyway for loading your vehicle. This can create congestion and create a hazard for people crossing and carrying large items.
- Because of limited space and parking, students should avoid large trucks and vehicles with trailers.
As during the school year, do not, under any circumstance, park in fire lanes, drive aisles, in front of dumpsters, and other restricted areas to load vehicles during move-out.