Payroll early cutoffs announced for faculty and staff
From the Payroll Department
Please note that due to the upcoming holidays there will be early deadlines for all payroll action items.
Action items subject to the early deadlines include:
- Hourly employees must turn in their time sheets to their supervisors for approval by the deadline date.
- Supervisors must approve and submit all time sheets; they must be received in Payroll by the deadline date or the pay period ending date at the latest.
- All automated time entry and time edits must be completed by the pay period ending date.
- All student employment forms must be received by Human Resources by the deadline date.
- All non-base comp Web pages must be completed by the deadline date.
- All employee action forms (new hires, terminations and transfers) must be completed by the deadline date.
- All other employment change requests must be received by Human Resources by the deadline date.
- All insurance and annuity change requests must be turned in to the Benefits Department by the deadline date.
- All direct deposit and payroll deduction forms must be turned in to the Payroll Department by the deadline date.
- All address changes must be completed on Murphy Online, Personal Information, Update Addresses and Phones and change your Payroll Check Mailing Address to the address where you want your checks mailed.
* The early deadlines are highlighted below:
Deadline at 4:30 p.m.** Pay Period Ending Date Payday * Friday, Dec. 21, 2007 Saturday, 12/22/07 Friday, 01/04/08 Monday, Jan. 7, 2008 Saturday, 01/05/08 Friday, 01/18/08 * Friday, Jan. 18, 2008 Saturday, 01/19/08 Friday, 02/01/08
** If you are leaving campus for the holidays prior to the deadline date, please turn your paper time sheet in to your supervisor or submit your electronic time sheet prior to leaving campus.
Pay items received after the dates listed above will not be processed until the following pay period. Payroll has less time to process payroll in these holiday pay periods so no exception will be made to these deadline dates.