Payroll early cutoffs announced for faculty and staff
From the Payroll Department
Please note that due to upcoming holidays for Christmas and New Year's there will be early deadlines for all payroll action items for the pay period of Dec. 7 through Dec. 20.
Action items subject to the early deadlines include:
- All electronic time sheets must be submitted in Murphy to your supervisors for approval by noon Friday, Dec. 19. Your supervisor may request that you complete your time sheet earlier.
- All paper time sheets must be received in Payroll by noon Friday, Dec. 19.
- Time clock correction sheets and vacation requests for the Stromberg time clock system must be turned in to the time clock administrators by 8 a.m. Friday, Dec. 19.
- All electronic approvals must be done in Murphy and Stromberg by Sunday, Dec. 21.
- All new student employment forms must be turned in to Human Resources by Tuesday, Dec. 16. All non-base-comp Web pages must be submitted by Tuesday, Dec. 16.
- All employee action forms, including new employee, transfers and terminations, must be submitted by Tuesday, Dec. 16.
- All other employment change requests must be received by Human Resources by Tuesday, Dec. 16.
- All insurance and annuity change requests must be turned in to the Benefits Department by Tuesday, Dec. 16.
- All direct deposit and payroll deduction forms must be turned in to the Payroll Department by Tuesday, Dec. 16.
- All address changes also must be completed on Murphy online by Tuesday, Dec. 16.
Pay items received after the deadlines printed above will not be processed on the Jan. 2 paycheck. They will be processed on the following payday, Jan. 16.
* * *
Please note on the following time sheet (for the Dec. 21, 2008, to Jan. 3, 2009, pay period):
On Nov. 18, Father Dease announced in the Scroll that he is giving UST employees two extra days off so the university can shut down the week of Christmas. This benefit is for all benefit-eligible staff and temporary employees (on-call and student employees are not included with this gift).
The two gift days will be paid as Excused Days Off (similar to snow days) not as a holiday.
Here is how to enter these days on employees' time sheets:
- Monday, Dec. 22 – Excused Day Off
- Tuesday, Dec. 23 – Excused Day Off
- Wednesday, Dec. 24 – Christmas Eve holiday
- Thursday, Dec. 25 – Christmas holiday
- Friday, Dec. 26 – New Year's Eve holiday (observed)
- Thursday, Jan. 1 – New Year's holiday
If you are an essential employee who is required to work on Monday, Dec. 22, and/or Tuesday, Dec. 23, your hours worked should fall under base pay and the two gift days from Dease should be scheduled and paid on another day (these days should not be paid in addition to your worked time). The excused gift days do not count toward the 40 hours needed before overtime can be paid. The excused gift days must be taken by June 30, 2009.