Public Safety advisory: Macalester College warns community of attempted abduction
St. Thomas' Public Safety informs the UST community of the following safety alert received from the Macalester College Security Office.
Macalester safety alert
A pre-teenage girl, who was visiting the Athletic Center, was grabbed from behind and picked up at 8:25 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 21, near the women's locker room entrance in the field house. The girl struggled, kicked the assailant and got away. She was not physically harmed. The St. Paul Police were notified and an investigation is underway.
The victim did not get a description of the perpetrator. If you have any information about this incident, please call the St. Paul Police, (651) 266-5685.
The University of St. Thomas offers these crime prevention tips:
- Call Public Safety to escort you to your destination.
- Walk in groups; there is safety in numbers
- Don't take unnecessary risks. Stay in populated, well-lit areas.
- Report crimes immediately to Public Safety, (651) 962-5555, and the police.
- Remember suspect information, including approximate age, height, weight and details about hair, clothing, jewelry, scars, tattoos – anything noticeable.
- Use a buddy system with your trusted friends to watch out for one another.