Public Safety alerts community to indecent exposure incident near St. Paul campus
Public Safety and Parking Services alerts the University of St. Thomas community of an indecent exposure incident that occurred off campus.
On Sunday, Nov. 13, at approximately 4:36 a.m., a non-UST affiliated female reported to the St. Paul Police Department that an unidentified white male exposed himself to her at SuperAmerica, 2051 Grand Ave.
The female reported that she was in her car and parked in the SuperAmerica lot when the suspect approached her vehicle and exposed himself. The suspect then fled east on Grand Avenue and disappeared from view when he ran behind some houses.
The suspect is described as a 20- to 25-year-old, fair-skinned white male, approximately 5 feet 10 inches to 5 feet 11 inches tall, with blond hair and heavy build, wearing a black stocking cap, black jacket, and black tennis shoes. The victim also reported that the suspect appeared to be intoxicated.
Anyone with information regarding this crime is urged to call the Department of Public Safety, (651) 962-5100, or the St. Paul Police Department, (651) 291-1111.
Crime prevention tips:
- Use the Public Safety Escort Service to accompany you to your destination.
- Walk with groups of people – there is safety in numbers.
- Don’t take unnecessary risks. Stay in populated, well-lit areas.
- Report crimes immediately to Public Safety and the police.
- Remember suspect information, including approximate age, height, weight and details on hair, clothing, jewelry, scars, tattoos – anything noticeable.
- Use a buddy system with your trusted friends to watch out for one another.
Public Safety urges you to be proactive and alert. You can help prevent crime!