Scootstock is Thursday; Retro Rerun: Spring Back to the '80s is April 22-29
STAR (St. Thomas Activities and Recreation) announces upcoming events.
Scootstock, Thursday, April 20
- Mike Jordan will perform at noon in Scooter’s.
- STAR’s seventh annual Scootstock performers will play from 7 to 10 p.m. in Scooter’s. Come support your peer musicians in this legendary battle of the bands.
STAR’s Retro Rerun: Spring Back to the ’80s, April 22-29
Saturday, April 22
- Celebrate Spring Back to the ’80s Kickoff at Tommies After Dark – 10 p.m. in Koch Commons.
- Watch “JAWS” on a big screen for a Dive-in Movie with UST’s Swim Team Swim-A-Thon – 10 p.m. , at the O’Shaughnessy Hall swimming pool.
Monday, April 24
- Head to the lower quad during convo hour, from 11:45 a.m. to 1:15 p.m., to grab some ’80s gear and start the week off right.
Tuesday, April 25
- Collect a flower for yourself or someone you love during convo hour in Foley Plaza.
Wednesday, April 26
- Bring your friends to an outdoor dinner barbecue near the Binz and show off your ’80s lip-sync skills for a great prize.
- Get out! Put together a rad ’80s outfit tonight for bowling at Midway and prizes for the best-themed outfit. A bus will leave the arches at 9 p.m. and the first 200 students will bowl for free.
Thursday, April 27
- Chill in the quad during convo hour to grab some tasty treats.
Friday, April 28
- Dude, dinner is outside tonight. Come to the Retro Rerun Barbecue at 4:30 p.m. in Foley Plaza, where you’ll eat some grub and play some rad games.
- The Dweebs concert will start at 9 p.m. in Schoenecker Arena. Check them out on the Dweebs Web site. Tickets are not needed. Excellent!
Saturday, April 29
- Like, oh my gosh! Retro Rerun: Spring Back to the ’80s is coming to a close, but the grand finale is the Spring Fling Dance tonight in Schoenecker Arena. Don’t forget to use your crimper and dress to impress. Approximately 1,500 wristband tickets are in the Box Office on a first-come, first-served basis. Costs are $5 for UST students and $10 for guests. One ticket is allowed per UST student. Tickets will be sold the evening of the dance only if any are left. You must wear your wristband ticket as well as show your student ID at the door. Guests also must have a government issued ID.