A workshop for faculty interested in learning more about service-learning will be held Tuesday through Thursday, Jan. 10-12, on the St. Paul campus. The workshop will run from 9 a.m. to noon each day.
“Introduction to Service-Learning,” presented by Dr. Kimberly Vrudny, associate professor of systematic theology, is designed for those who have little or no experience in service-learning:
- Discover the foundations and goals of service-learning
- Hear from experienced faculty and students affected by this pedagogy
- Interact with potential community partners
- Wrestle with ethical issues introduced by service-learning
- Learn how to incorporate service-learning into new or existing courses
To register, contact Amparo Pope, Office of Service-Learning, (651) 962-5381, by Friday, Dec. 16.