Are you ready to take on Augsburg in our sixth annual Fitness Challenge? The eight-week competition between Augsburg and St. Thomas starts Wednesday, Feb. 18, and ends Tuesday, April 14. All UST faculty and staff are encouraged to be competitive in this year’s challenge.
Sign up today and log your individual points each week. Work out anywhere, any time, performing any physical activity, as long as it is for at least 30 minutes. Thirty minutes of activity equals 1 point while 60 minutes of activity equals 2 points. Fourteen points is the maximum amount of points per week. Each week the winner will be announced based on the average for the team. The goal is to win the most weeks during this eight-week challenge.
In addition to bragging rights, participants who have reported activity in six or more weeks of the competition will be awarded 350 Vitality points. Participants also will be entered into weekly drawings to win an additional 35 Vitality points. There will be three weekly winners, and participants only will be eligible to win once during the eight-week challenge.
Not signed up for Vitality? Sign up today. It is free and easy.
- Register to participate in the challenge here.
- Keep track of the number of points earned each week.
- A week starts on Wednesday and ends on Tuesday at midnight.
- If you miss reporting your total by Wednesday at 2 p.m., your points will not count for that particular week. You can participate the following week but you will not be allowed to use any points from the previous week.
- Once registered, look for emails giving you week-by-week instructions.
- You can join at any time in the program and your points start at that particular time.
- Every week we will announce the college winner and the three weekly 35 Vitality points drawing winners.
Dates of competition
- Week No. 1: Wednesday, Feb. 18-Tuesday, Feb. 24
- Week No. 2: Wednesday, Feb. 25-Tuesday, March 3
- Week No. 3: Wednesday, March 4-Tuesday, March 10
- Week No. 4: Wednesday, March 11-Tuesday, March 17
- Week No. 5: Wednesday, March 18-Tuesday, March 24
- Week No. 6: Wednesday, March 25-Tuesday, March 31
- Week No. 7: Wednesday, April 1-Tuesday, April 7
- Week No. 8: Wednesday, April 8-Tuesday, April 14
This competition is sponsored by the UST’s Staff and Faculty Wellness Committee and the Augsburg College Faculty/Staff Wellness Program.
Any questions should be directed to Alaina Ericksen at (651) 962-6519 or firstname.lastname@example.org.