Here’s this week’s lineup of STAR events:
Monday, Oct. 18
- The first homecoming sweatshirt giveaway will be held at 7:30 p.m. in the lower quad and outside Brady Educational Center. This is the first chance to get a 2010 UST homecoming sweatshirt. Quantities are limited so get there early. They also can be picked up on Thursday, Oct. 21. (See giveaway information under that date below.)
Wednesday, Oct. 20
- The women’s soccer team takes on Gustavus at 3:30 p.m. on the south campus athletic fields. Fanamaniacs will hand out free sweat pants to those who arrive early.
Thursday, Oct. 21
- Today is your last chance to get a free 2010 UST homecoming sweatshirt. They will be handed out during the convo hour, from 11:45 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., in the lower quad and outside Brady Educational Center. Start lining up early; quantities are limited and the supply of sweatshirts will disappear quickly.
- Get tickets today for a trip to Chino Latino restaurant on Monday, Oct. 25. Buses will pick up at the Flynn Hall turnaround and take passengers to the eatery, where dishes are promised to be “as distinct as the cultures that created them, with great flavors and an emphasis on freshness and tropical ingredients.” Tickets will be available at noon in the Box Office, lower level, Murray-Herrick Campus Center.
- Can you fit through a tennis racket? Didn’t think so – but the Showoffs can! The Showoff Show is an interactive comedy performance that may leave you with your “gut busted and mind blown while being guided on a bizarre journey where comedy, circus-style stunts and pranks collide.” The entertainment begins at 9 p.m. at Scooter’s.
Friday, Oct. 22
- Cheer on the women’s volleyball team as it battles Hamline. Fanamaniacs will hand out free Tommie socks and headbands to those who arrive early. The game starts at 7 p.m. in Schoenecker Arena.
- Fanamaniacs will give out a limited number of UST sweatpants to the first fans of the men’s soccer game vs. Macalester at 3:30 p.m. on the south campus soccer field.
Saturday, Oct. 23
- Get in the spirit at the homecoming parade! The fun starts at 10 a.m. at the intersection of Fry Street and Summit Avenue, and ends at Cleveland and Summit avenues.
- Memories will be made at the Homecoming Dance, featuring DJs Josh Taylor and SHY, photo booths and prize drawings. The doors open at 9 p.m., and the dancing continues until 1 a.m. Wristbands are required; they are available, starting at 8 a.m. in the Box Office, and sales will continue throughout Homecoming Week until they are sold out. Wristbands for UST students are free and cost $5 for guests.