Two information sessions on “Study in Tanzania” will be held to highlight the course EDLD 869 Leadership in International Contexts. Both events will take place on the University of St. Thomas' Minneapolis campus.
Sessions will be held:
- Wednesday, Feb. 8, in Room 202, Opus Hall, 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 15, in Room 252, Terrence Murphy Hall, 5 p.m.
Students in the course will experience unique opportunities:
- Meet President Jakaya Kikwete and Alfonso E. Lenhardt, U.S. ambassador to Tanzania.
- Visit Dar es Salaam, Zanzibar, Ruaha National Park, Tanzanian universities and nonprofit organizations.
- Develop a critical and cross-cultural understanding of leadership, economic development and underdevelopment.
- Enrich individual philosophies and practices of leadership as a consequence of formal and informal intercultural exchanges in Tanzania.
Father Jean-Pierre Bongila, 2010-11 Global Citizenship Award winner, is instructor for the course. For more information contact Bongila, (651) 962-4799.