UST Dance Team auditions start Monday, April 7
Auditions for the UST Dance Team start Monday, April 7.
All sessions will be held in the third-floor gymnasium of O'Shaughnessy Hall athletic building, which is located next to the stadium at the corner of Summit and Cretin avenues on the St. Paul campus. Arrive early and in appropriate dance attire.
- 6:30-9:30 p.m. Monday, April 7
- 6:30-9:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 9 (first round cuts)
- 6:30-9:30 p.m. Friday, April 11
- Interviews will be held at a time to be determined Saturday, April 12
- Noon-5 p.m. Sunday, April 13 (final audition)
Candidates must bring these items to the first day of auditions:
- Individual photo – a current head shot or full body shot; can be dance-related or a photo of you in street clothes
- Dance résumé – list your dance history and accomplishments
Candidates will be evaluated on a high level of overall flexibility, extension, control and body awareness. Along with individually performed skills, each candidate will be required to execute three across-the-floor combinations learned at auditions.
Routines will be taught on audition days one and two, Monday and Wednesday, April 7 and 9. Each routine is approximately one minute in length. Candidates will perform in small and large groups and will be evaluated on conformity to style, attention to detail, ability to quickly learn material, performance and overall execution.
For more background on the UST Dance Team and more information regarding auditions, see the Department of Campus and Residence Life Web page.