UST in the news
Here's a roundup of recent St. Thomas mentions of interest in various media. Read the stories by clicking on the links. Links do expire and change as papers move stories to “archive” status, so be sure to read stories soon if you’re interested. In some cases, you’ll need to register on the publication’s Web site in order to access the stories.
If you see a story about St. Thomas and would like us to include mention of it, be sure to drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Obituary: Forensic psychiatrist had stellar reputation,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, June 17, 2006. “[Karen] Bruggemeyer graduated from West St. Paul 's Brady High School in 1978 and earned a degree in biology from the University of St. Thomas in 1982.” https://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/news/local/states/minnesota/counties/ramsey_county/14839241.htm
- “Age not a concern when it comes to house taxes,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, June 17, 2006. Author of this syndicated real-estate column is Dr. Thomas Musil, director of the Shenehon Center for Real Estate in the UST College of Business. https://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/14841935.htm
- “Retirement in the sky: The IDS Center's Suite 4900 keeps the Twin Cities' best-known retirees in business,” Star Tribune, June 19, 2006. “ ‘It's nice to have an anchor that isn't in your home,’ said Pierson (Sandy) Grieve, retired CEO of Ecolab. A director of Mesaba Airlines parent, MAIR Holdings, and trustee of the University of St. Thomas, Grieve said the IDS' central location is ideal for occasional face-to-face meetings.” https://www.startribune.com/535/story/498820.html
- “Outside consultant,” Star Tribune, June 19, 2006. Dr. Michael Sullivan, of the St. Thomas College of Business, replies to a reader’s question. https://www.startribune.com/535/story/495470.html
- “Stay-at-home dads happy to be there,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, June 19, 2006. Here are some Father’s Day profiles of stay-at-home dads, including Steffen Kellogg, who is married to Dr. Heather Bouwman of the UST English Department. https://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/living/14827511.htm
- “Moss clears up hot tub problems,” Star Tribune, June 19, 2006. “Michael Moore, director of the Norris Institute at the University of St. Thomas College of Business, said the company might have difficulty raising as much money as it hopes. ‘It's going to be hard to get that kind of money, half a million to a million, for something that doesn't have several years of building revenues to the point of bringing in two to three million a year,’ Moore said.” https://www.startribune.com/535/story/493807.html
- “Former St. Thomas coach may join Gophers,” Star Tribune, June 20, 2006. “Former University of St. Thomas women's basketball coach Ted Riverso is expected to be named an assistant coach of the Gophers women's basketball team today … .” https://www.startribune.com/512/story/503108.html
- See also: “Riverso joins Gophers' staff,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, June 20, 2006. https://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/14856657.htm
- “Local writers read from 'Defiant Birth,'” St. Paul Pioneer Press, June 20, 2006. https://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/entertainment/books/14855824.htm
- “Healthia's business keeps getting healthier,” Star Tribune, June 21, 2006. “Another factor might be Healthia's employment policies and benefits, which early this year won one of 12 ‘Minnesota Work-Life Champion’ awards given by the University of St. Thomas Center for Ethical Business Cultures.” https://www.startribune.com/539/story/505352.html