UST in the news
Here's a roundup of recent St. Thomas mentions of interest in various media. Read the stories by clicking on the links. Links do expire and change as papers move stories to “archive” status, and if links have expired, you're welcome to purchase access to the stories or use a search engine such as Lexis Nexis, available on the UST Libraries' Web site. In some cases, you’ll need to register on the publication’s Web site in order to access full text.
If you see a story about St. Thomas and would like us to include mention of it, be sure to drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "Gazette," Chronicle of Higher Education, April 25, 2008. "Ithaca College made a good impression on Thomas R. Rochon long before its Board of Trustees named him the institution's new president this month." https://chronicle.com/weekly/v54/i33/33a03201.htm
- "Ex-CEO sounds energy policy alarm," Star Tribune, May 31, 2008. "Fred Zimmerman, the retired industrialist and management professor at the University of St. Thomas, said Shuster is one of the most credible, successful executives he has known, including a decade of service as fellow board members at Winnebago Industries." https://www.startribune.com/business/19417069.html
- "The queen of financial literacy," Star Tribune, June 1, 2008. Miss Minnesota contestant Kelsey Malecha, "t he 2007 University of St. Thomas graduate, who is Miss Midwest -- as in the midwest part of Minnesota -- says her mission in life is to teach financial literacy to others." https://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/yourmoney/19378244.html
- "Think food, and an INspired name," Star Tribune, June 2, 2008. "John Sailors, an assistant professor of marketing at the University of St. Thomas Opus College of Business whose research specialty is branding, said he saw positives and negatives in IN's rebranding." https://www.startribune.com/business/19411729.html
- "Ask an outside consultant," Star Tribune, June 2, 2008. Here's the weekly business question-and-answer column featuring experts from UST's Opus College of Business. https://www.startribune.com/business/19379099.html
- "Eye openers" sports column, Quad City Times ( Davenport, Iowa), June 2, 2008. "Things must be a little slow in the sports information office at the University of St. Thomas these days. Former Quad-Citian Gene McGivern, who serves as the SID at the St. Paul, Minn., school, found time to calculate how both Augustana and St. Ambrose could have claimed to be the national champion of college basketball last season. … " https://www.qctimes.com/articles/2008/06/02/opinion/columnists/don_doxsie/doc4842229e40547318178745.txt
- "Oil refinery exec gives $10 million to St. Thomas," Star Tribune, June 3, 2008. https://www.startribune.com/local/19490974.html
- " St. Thomas gets $10 million from oil executive," St. Paul Pioneer Press, June 3, 2008. https://www.twincities.com/allheadlines/ci_9465164
- " St. Thomas gets $10M for business school," Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal, June 3, 2008. https://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/stories/2008/06/02/daily14.html
- " St. Thomas gets $10M for business ethics program," Finance and Commerce, June 3, 2008. https://www.finance-commerce.com/article.cfm/2008/06/04/St-Thomas-gets-10M-for-business-ethics-program
- "Weaver Lake Elementary Students are happy singing the blues," KARE-TV, June 4, 2008. "[Joan] Griffith and [Ruth} Mackenzie are both jazz and blues performers, and Griffith heads up the Jazz Department at the University of St. Thomas." https://www.kare11.com/news/local/mornings/sunrise_article.aspx?storyid=512121
- "$10m gift for Opus college," The Financial Times ( London), June 4, 2008. https://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/c69dcc56-323a-11dd-9b87-0000779fd2ac.html
- "Is Jon Stewart a journalist?" Hometown Focus, June 5, 2008. Doug McGill of the UST Communication and Journalism Department weighs in. https://hometownfocus.us/main.asp?SectionID=3&SubSectionID=26&ArticleID=1045