UST in the news
Here's a roundup of recent St. Thomas mentions of interest in various media. Read the stories by clicking on the links. Links do expire and change as papers move stories to “archive” status, and if links have expired, you're welcome to purchase access to the stories or use a search engine such as Lexis Nexis, available on the UST Libraries' Web site. In some cases, you’ll need to register on the publication’s Web site in order to access full text.
If you see a story about St. Thomas and would like us to include mention of it, be sure to drop us a note at email@example.com.
- "Growing the Practice," Star Tribune, July 27, 2008. "[Mark] Turnbull began his career as an echocardiographer. He taught echocardiography before joining St. Paul Heart Clinic. After completing a business degree at the University of St. Thomas, he moved out of clinical care into administration and marketing." https://www.startribune.com/jobs/healthcare/25854449.html
- "St. Thomas lands $347M in first year of 8-year, $500M campaign," Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal, July 28, 2008. https://twincities.bizjournals.com/twincities/stories/2008/07/28/focus2.html
- "Mover: Sharon Stein," St. Paul Pioneer Press, July 29, 2008. The new vice president of JourneyWell, part of HealthPartners family of health care companies attended St. Thomas in the mid-1980s. https://www.twincities.com/ci_10026414
- "New year, new leader," Lafayette ( La.) Daily Advertiser, July 28, 2008. The new principal of the middle school in Carencro, La., is St. Thomas alumnus Matt Harman '91. https://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080728/NEWS01/807280307/1002
- "Ask an outside consultant," Star Tribune, July 28, 2008. Here's the weekly column featuring faculty experts from St. Thomas' Opus College of Business. https://www.startribune.com/business/25883064.html
- "A Frank Gehry guesthouse is on the move," ABC News, July 29, 2008. ABC posted this link to a March USA Today article about the Gehry house. https://abcnews.go.com/Travel/story?id=4491508&page=1
- "Reading fonts," Minnesota Daily, July 30, 2008. "But you may not automatically think about the history behind the design of your favorite fonts. A new exhibit at the Minnesota Center for Book Arts showcases the changes in typeface design over the first half of the 20th century. "Face the Nation," from the University of St. Thomas, looks at how motivations to reinvent, redefine or transcend national identity shaped typeface design." https://www.mndaily.com/articles/2008/07/30/72167580