UST in the news
Here’s a new weekly feature in Bulletin Today. Each Wednesday, we’ll try to round up recent mentions of the university in local media primarily (but occasionally regional and national media, too).
You will be able to read the stories by clicking on the links. Links do expire and change as papers move stories to “archive” status, so be sure to read stories soon if you’re interested.
If you see a story about St. Thomas and would like us to include mention of it, be sure to drop us a note at
- “Obituary: Tullio Maranhão, 58, St. Thomas professor,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Oct. 2, 2002
- “Ron James is on the go,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Oct. 2, 2002. Nice story about James, head of the Center for Ethical Business Cultures, which is housed and co-sponsored by UST.
- “FreeTime art calendar,” Star Tribune, Oct. 4, 2002. The Michael Price exhibit in UST’s library is listed here.
- “Wellstone says no to Iraq resolution,” Star Tribune, Oct. 3, 2002. Wellstone made comments during a conference call with UST journalism students.
- “Activities in Religion,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Oct. 5, 2002. A number of UST Sacred Arts Festival events appear here.
- “Faith & Values calendar,” Star Tribune, Oct. 5, 2002. Mentions an event hosted by the Jay Phillips Center for Jewish-Christian Learning. https://www.startribune.com/stories/462/3339164.html
- “Did gag gift result in even bigger joke? No one’s saying,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Oct. 6, 2002. It’s about the head of UST’s Young Republicans chapter getting mailings and a lawn sign from the Wellstone campaign. Ah, the political hijinks.
- “Area: Ambrasas' passing fancy lifts Tommies,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Oct. 6, 2002. The story, about the Tommies’ MIAC football victory over St. Olaf, led this roundup.
- “Minnesota Scene,” Star Tribune, Oct. 6, 2002. This sports roundup mentions the UST crew club’s participation in the Head of the Mississippi regatta.
- “Business calendar,” Star Tribune, Oct. 6, 2002. This business calendar includes a couple of events hosted by the UST College of Business. https://www.startribune.com/stories/535/3344059.html
- “Business People,” Star Tribune, Oct. 7, 2002. Mentions that St. John Vianney Seminary has named Bill Heiman vice president for development. He was senior director of development with the Lillehei Heart Institute and the Department of Medicine at the University of Minnesota Medical Foundation. https://www.startribune.com/stories/535/3342250.html
- “Student athletes told to give up pop,” Star Tribune, Oct. 7, 2002. An incidental mention here that participants in the Tice football camps at UST this summer were told that pop machines were off limits.
- “Business People,” Star Tribune, Oct. 7, 2002. Mentions that Nonprofit Solutions Inc., St. Paul, named Jim Thalhuber president. He served as president of the National Center for Social Entrepreneurs and is an adjunct professor UST’s College of Business. https://www.startribune.com/stories/535/3346277.html