UST Music Department lists December concerts
The University of St. Thomas Music Department welcomes the public to the music performances listed below.
For more information, call the St. Thomas Music Department, (651) 962-5850.
- 4 and 8 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 2, at Orchestra Hall, Minneapolis: St. Thomas’ annual Christmas Concert, “Noel! Sing We Noel!” features seven of the university's vocal and instrumental ensembles in a program of carols and traditional and contemporary music for the Advent and Christmas seasons. Performing ensembles will include the Chamber Singers, Concert Choir, Liturgical Choir, Women's Choir, Symphonic Wind Ensemble, Brass Choir and Handbell Choir. All concert proceeds will benefit St. Thomas music ensembles’ international performance tours.
Tickets for these concerts must be purchased through the Orchestra Hall Box Office. They are available for online purchase at www.minnesotaorchestra.org or by phone order at (612) 371-5656 or 1 (800) 292-4141. All seats are $15 plus a nominal Orchestra Hall transaction fee.
The following performances, most on St. Thomas’ St. Paul campus, are free and open to the public:
- 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 5, in Brady Educational Center auditorium on the St. Thomas campus in St. Paul: The university’s African Music Ensemble, directed by Sowah Mensah, presents a concert.
- 3 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 8, in Brady Educational Center auditorium: UST student Marissa Evans gives a flute recital.
- 4 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 9, in Brady Educational Center auditorium: UST students Ryan Irey, voice, and Roman Wolfe, violin, give a recital.
- 8 p.m. Monday, Dec. 10, in Brady Educational Center auditorium: The UST Saxophone Ensemble gives a recital.
- 8 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 11, in Brady Educational Center auditorium: St. Thomas’ Instrumental Jazz Ensemble and Jazz Singers give a concert.
- 8 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 12, in Brady Educational Center auditorium: The UST Guitar Ensemble gives a concert.
- 2 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 16, in 3M Auditorium at the Minnesota History Center, 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul: The UST Bands give a concert. The Symphonic Band is conducted by Dr. Douglas Orzolek, and the Symphonic Wind Ensemble is conducted by Dr. Matthew George. Band selections include works by Sousa, Whitacre, Reed and Williams ; the Wind Ensemble's will present music by Brazilian composer Ricardo Silva as well as "Infernal Ride" by Kenneth Hesketh, which was commissioned by St. Thomas.