Wellness Center and STAR announce spring yoga and kickboxing classes
The Wellness Center and STAR are offering yoga and kickboxing classes for spring semester.
No experience is necessary. Learn to relax your body and mind through gentle stretching and breathing exercises.Some benefits include: increased energy, better sleep, reduced stress and improved flexibility.
Wear loose comfortable clothing and bring a mat or towel to class.
Here is the class schedule:
- Noon-1 p.m. Tuesdays, beginning Feb. 5, in the Koch Fireside Room
- Noon-1 p.m. Thursdays, beginning Feb. 7, in Room 357, Terrence Murphy Hall, Minneapolis campus
- 5-6 p.m. Thursdays, beginning Feb. 7, in the Fireside Room of Koch Commons
Weekly sessions will be held from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays, beginning Feb. 5, in the third-floor gym, O'Shaughnessy Hall athletics building.
- 30 minutes of kickboxing
- 10 minutes of self defense
- 20 minutes of power yoga and stretching
The first session in each class is free and offered on a trial basis. After the first class, you can purchase punch cards at any time; each punch card is valid for any six sessions.
The cost for a six-session punch card is $35 for faculty and staff and $20 for students. Punch cards can be purchased at the Box Office and Expeditions, lower level, Murray-Herrick Campus Center, St. Paul campus, and at the Life/Work Center, Room 110, Terrence Murphy Hall, Minneapolis campus.