What’s happening with the Non-Exempt Staff Council?
If you're wondering what's happening with the Non-Exempt Staff Council (NESC), the answer is – a lot.
- With the May meeting Pat Reinhardt finished her tenure as president. A year-end summary of the council’s accomplishments was presented and can be found on the NESC Web site.
- The NESC said goodbye to outgoing council members Carissa Bartlett, Linda Lee Borovansky, Mary Kay O’Rourke, Cindy Nedved and Pat Reinhardt.
- Continuing on the council are Tara Borkowski (vice president), Bev Johnson (treasurer), Shiromi Beach (co-secretary), Jason Gillen and Barb Joynson (president).
- New members Jeff Akemann, Laurie Dimond (co-secretary), Mary Duffy, Betty Fitzer, Ann Hale, Cynthia Horsmann and Bill Stiteler were welcomed aboard.
- Elections were held for the officers.
- The June meeting focused on goals for the year and proposed community-building events for the staff.
- Assignments were made to the NESC and university committees.
- NESC has representatives on these university committees: Fringe Benefits, Affirmative Action, Budget Advisory, Human Resource Advisory, and Minneapolis Operations.
Complete minutes from this meeting and archived minutes, member contact information and summaries from committee meetings can be found on the council’s Web site.
The NESC is always looking for feedback and ways that it can best serve the UST community. To offer a suggestion or for more information about the council, contact any council member.