The Luann Dummer Center for Women provides an annual scholarship of $2,000 to a qualified women’s studies major or minor.
To apply for this scholarship, students must:
- Have officially declared a major or minor in women’s studies.
- Have completed or currently be enrolled in WMST 205, Foundations of Women’s Studies.
- Submit an essay, report or project, which was developed in a classroom context and addresses a women’s studies topic, with a cover letter that explains the value of that project or essay in light of their education in women’s studies.
- Submit an unofficial transcript.
- Submit, in a sealed, signed envelope, a letter of support from a women’s studies faculty member.
The review committee for this award will evaluate applications based on the student’s academic strength and financial need.
Applications for scholarships for the 2011-2012 academic year must be received by Dr. Angela High-Pippert, director of women’s studies, Mail #JRC 432, no later than Friday, March 9.
For more information contact High-Pippert, (651) 962-5725.