After seven months of research and data gathering, our Higher Learning Commission (HLC) subcommittees submitted more than 100 pages of text and data, which will be used to draft the first part of our institutional self-study. The information gathered so far serves as an institutional audit, examining the university against the five criteria presented by the Higher Learning Commission.
At the May 10, 2012, Board of Trustees meeting, executive summaries of the findings for each criterion were shared. These summaries and the presentation given to the board are available to the St. Thomas community through the HLC Blackboard site.
During the summer, the first part of the self-study will be drafted. It will then be released for comment in the fall semester; also in fall, HLC subcommittees will begin working on the recommendation phase of the self-study.
To enroll in the HLC Blackboard site:
- Log onto Blackboard.
- Click the “Community” tab.
- Type “HLC” in the search box in the upper left-hand side of the screen.
- When the “HLC2013” group comes up, click the down arrow next to the title.
- Click “Enroll.”
- Click “Submit.”
You now have access and can view documents, data and information.
In addition, below is our contact information. Feel free to get in touch anytime.
- Lucy Payne, 962-6724, email@example.com
- Wendy Wyatt, 962-5253, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marty Johnston, 962-5214, email@example.com
- HLC mailbox, HLC2013@stthomas.edu