Library today: Leisure Reading Collection
From the UST Libraries
The Leisure Reading Collection is brought to you by the UST Libraries and is located on the first floor of O'Shaughnessy-Frey Library Center in the middle of the reference collection. Comfy chairs will welcome you to browse through the collection.
The collection includes popular fiction and materials generally not considered scholarly or appropriate for an academic library’s permanent collection. These items will be chosen by a committee of people made up of staff and students. We are starting with a collection of 200 that will be coming in (We’ve gotten our first 50.) and then monthly we will be adding 10 to 12 books.
A quarter of the collection will be housed at Keffer Library. The loan period for everyone is three weeks, and the collection will be available only to the students, staff, faculty and friends of the University of St. Thomas. The books are searchable through the library’s catalog.
- Leading Ladies: American Trailblazers / Kay Bailey Hutchison
- Blue Skies, No Fences: A Memoir of Childhood and Family / Lynne Cheney
- Leading by Example: How We Can Inspire an Energy and Security Revolution / Bill Richardson
- World Without End / Ken Follett
- Stone Cold / David Baldacci
- Plum Lucky / Janet Evanovich
- T is for Trespass / Sue Grafton
- Blonde Faith / Walter Mosley